UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
Facial sunscreen for skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- UVA/UVB protection
- 5% high purity niacinamide
- Calms and protects acne-prone skin
- Oil-free, lightweight formula leaves no residue
EltaMD® UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 sunscreen is formulated with 5% high-purity niacinamide (vitamin B3) to help reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and photo-damage. Niacinamide’s effect on blemishes such as acne, as well as skin discoloration, has been proven scientifically many times over. Niacinamide’s management of acne in several studies suggests it to be highly effective. In one study, as many as 82% of people with inflammatory acne showed improvement after using niacinamide as a topical treatment for eight weeks. Additionally, 60% had significant reductions in papules/pustules and 52% had a reduction in the severity of their acne.*
EltaMD UV Clear contains 9% transparent micronized zinc oxide to protect skin against damaging UVA (aging) rays. It delivers SPF 46 to protect skin from UVB (burning rays). Ideal for daily use for various skin types, EltaMD UV Clear is extremely lightweight and contributes to maintaining smooth, clean, clear skin. It works well alone or under makeup.
EltaMD UV Clear is fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and noncomedogenic.
- Helps prevent sunburn
- If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions),decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun
- Apply liberally to face, neck and back of hands 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating.
- Reapply at least every 2 hours.
- Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- children under 6 months: Ask a physician
net wt 1.7 oz / 48 g
Application per package
Varies by application amount and size of area covered
Active ingredients / purpose
Zinc Oxide 9.0% Octinoxate 7.5%
- For external use only
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin.
- When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a physician if rash occurs.
Keep out of reach of children. If product is swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun.
- Made in U.S.A.
Tinted 02520; Untinted 02500